Friday, June 27, 2008

Word List!

Ok, now that I have been reading news and articles online for quite some time, I have gathered a good amount of typical words which I came across, whose meaning I either don't know or partially know. I am going to list all those words which I happened to save in my wordweb bookmarks. Here they are:

pygmy
clique
tautological
scuttled
faux pas
plaintive
miasmic
comeuppance
grouse
wrench
throes
scurrilous
ecumenical
verity
blindside
reprobate
barratry
athenaeum
compendious
pretermit
agrestic
yataghan
lineament
barrage
deracinate
cogent
forfend
misoneism
paraph
chimera
belch
Machiavellian
decree
fiat
enation
propitious
emend
quiescent
prelate
prolate
harangue
sanguinary
gloam
currish
cinch
jabberwocky
sardonic
reclamation
officious
vernacular
volubility
vertiginous
coda
hobble
limpid
teetotaller
ostentatious
apocryphal
prance
despodent
totempole
pulpit
precocity
abstemious
abrogate
abomination
smokescreen
foal
inoculate
yeomanry
yuppify
squalid
avow
avar
august
audacious
attenuate
astringent
assuage
arrant
arabesque
apropos
aprobation
amortise
ambrosial
aclove
blemish
pleonasm
apothecary
unguent
iconoclast
calumniate
malodorous
descry
bequeath
premonition
prurient
contrite
cognate
nettle
jocund
confect
comfit
concoction
exorcise
reconnaissance
abstruse
recondite
desideratum
sesquipedalian
fecund
ethereal
adjure
conjure
beseech
swivet
sequester
jangled
romp
diocese
irascible
pachyderm
demotic
dulcet
braggadocio
echelon
jitters
dystopia
mea culpa

.. There are many more, but I think these should suffice for now.

No comments: